I am a sentimental fool. I think I get it honestly. My mom is quite sentimental, also.
I turned 40 yesterday. Yep, the big 4-0. Does it feel any different? Not really…except for the fact that I now know that I am 40, I still feel 35….I probably still act 25!
Last night my Mom and Dad gave me the sweetest gift….a Memory Wreath. Or at least, that is what I am calling it. It is a wreath that my mom put together that has things on it that have to do with my life.
Some of the items on it:
- pictures of my family (mom, dad, jk, & me)
- birthstone ring
- peanut (I was born in Dothan, home of the Peanut Festival)
- 2 or 3 angel pins (my grandmother collected angels)
- Russian Laquer pin (I went to the USSR in the 11th grade)
- Finnish spoon (I went to Finland the summer after my Senior year in high school)
- a Robert E Lee pin (my high school)
- a Disney Music Days pin (my high school 11th grade band trip)
- a cat pin (I love cats….and the play CATS!)
- an Eiffel tower (trip to France w/ my family)
- strand of pearls (when I was in high school I wore pearls with **everything**!)
- strands with my kids names on them
- TSU pin
- turtle pin (sorority)
- Aubie pin
- flute charm
and so much more! I actually have some things at home that I plan to add to it, too. What a terrific gift to receive on such a sweet day!