Rene Emile Vaughan, Sr. 11/15/1919 ~ 11/27/2011
1. I turned 40. Ugh. I don’t feel 40….I don’t think I act 40…., but I’m 40. Ugh.
2. We have been in our new home for two and a half months. I have had a clean home for two and a half months. I hope to continue this clean-streak.
3. Button Boy had an appointment in Birmingham on November 2 with the GI specialist. He weighs 66 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!! We were SHOCKED!
4. The fall foliage in Montgomery seem to be brighter this year. I don’t know if that is because my outlook is brighter or it really is brighter, but the colors are just beautiful!!
5. Girly Girl is going to be taking two cake decorating classes during December. For those of you who don’t know, her goal in life is to own a cupcake bakery…so, it will be fun to see what her skill level is!!!
6. Christmas is a little over a month away….can you believe it?! AAAAAAAAA!!!
7. My kids have discovered they love Shake-n-Bake. I’m all for simple dinners and so thankful that they can agree on something they like…now, do you think they will object to it 7 days a week?! <ha!>
8. I wouldn’t really feed my kids Shake-n-Bake 7 days a week…., but don’t think I wouldn’t put it out there 2 or 3….I mean really….it is good on either chicken or pork!
9. Button Boy has his next EGD on December 8. This is the one that will tell us how eggs did with the Flo-vent. If they did fine and there are no eosiniphils then he can begin having another food (either cinnamon or nuts)….if they did not do fine then we have to go back off of eggs and start over again. Pray for things to be good…my boy loves eggs!!!!
10. What is your favorite holiday? Mine? Thanksgiving. I love the fellowship of Thanksgiving. I love the smell of Thanksgiving. I love the football after Thanksgiving (Iron Bowl!). I just love Thanksgiving. So, here I am counting down the days to Thanksgiving!
I am a sentimental fool. I think I get it honestly. My mom is quite sentimental, also.
I turned 40 yesterday. Yep, the big 4-0. Does it feel any different? Not really…except for the fact that I now know that I am 40, I still feel 35….I probably still act 25!
Last night my Mom and Dad gave me the sweetest gift….a Memory Wreath. Or at least, that is what I am calling it. It is a wreath that my mom put together that has things on it that have to do with my life.
Some of the items on it:
and so much more! I actually have some things at home that I plan to add to it, too. What a terrific gift to receive on such a sweet day!