1. I haven’t blogged lately, even though I have two or three blog posts started, I just can’t seem to get them finished.
2. Girly Girl has a gymnastics meet this Friday at 11am….who on earth would schedule a gymnastics meet for school-aged children on a school day at 11am?! I mean really??!!
3. Luckily, Girly Girl has a school that is willing to work with her and she can take all of her tests and assignments early and still go to the meet.
4. Mojo and I agonized over the decision to even *ask* the school about Girly Girl missing school for the gymnastics meet….we didn’t want her to think that gymnastics was more important than school, but on the other hand, we didn’t want her to think we did not take her interest in gymnastics seriously…..so we finally went to the principal and got permission….
but it should not have been something that was even an issue…it shouldn’t have been scheduled during school. Anyway….that is my soapbox for today.
5. I have now been to two Troy University (when I was there it was Troy State University) football games this season…more than I have been to in the past 15 years!!!! I have really missed it!
6. I am reading The Help. I know I’m a little late on this band wagon, but I am really enjoying it. I’ll be finished with it soon, but it will be out of the theatres by that time, so I’ll have to wait for it on Netflix!
7. This past weekend we had some great tickets to the Troy/LA Monroe game….Troy lost, big time. But the band was swell…and I got to see one of my sorority sisters which was SWEET!
8. Is it wrong to hope that one of my kiddos will fall in love with Troy and want to go there?
9. Today’s weather is wonderful! It is October and actually feels like October should feel like….cold and crisp with a little bite in the air! I think that moon might be a football!!! (Dr. Longism for those band-mites)
10. Is it too early to begin panicking over Christmas yet?!