What a terrific week we have had! It has been a blessing on many levels. A friend of mine has started a page on her blog Count Your Blessings. She adds to it weekly, as a reminder of what God is doing in her life. I have been sporadically trying to do the same thing. In a way, it grounds me to write out what I am thankful for.
1. A family outing….what a time we had!
2. A sweet time training my daughter in one of the practical life lessons that every woman should learn, grocery shopping. It may seem silly to most people, except those who really know me! I need to teach both of my children to be better managers of God’s gift of money than I am.
3. The blessing of babies. I am working in the nursery at our church. I absolutely love taking care of the infants in the evenings so that mom & dad’s can have an hour or so of peace and tranquility while they worship. Unfortunately, when I had infants, I did not take advantage of the blessing of nursery workers.
4. Scrapbooking. I am working on both of my babies (not babies any longer, one 7 and one 4) first year of life. Girly Girl I’m up to about 9 months, and Button Boy I’m up to about 2 months. But the sweetest thing about scrapbooking is the group of women that I meet with. We are sisters in Christ, we share praises and burdens. We pray with one another, we support one another…we love one another.
5. Menu Planning! I am in my second week of Menu Planning through I’m an Organizing Junkie. It is really assisting me become a more fulfilled wife…or at least I feel that way.